Saturday, August 23, 2014

Sacroiliac Joint Issues


  • Do you have a dull ache on one side of your lower back?
  • Did you injure your back doing forward bends or twists?
  • Do you have a pain radiating down the back of one leg?
Almost everyone has back issues crop up sometime in their life, often due a misaligned sacroiliac (SI) joint.  Stabilizing SI joints requires attention, awareness, and some persistent detective work.  What works for one person does not work for another.  Realigning the SI joint should never be painful or even uncomfortable, it should be done gently and with much awareness.

I have had to deal with my own SI joint issues, as well as my sister's and this has lead to much research and I have learned a lot.  Since the SI joint is located behind the sciatic nerve, sciatica like symptoms, including pain radiating down one leg can also result.

I have put together a 4 page word document on what I have found helpful with SI issues.  Let me know if you would like me to email it to you.


Hilary Veen


No comments:

Post a Comment